Alex Ovechkin Comments on George Floyd’s Murder
- Washington Capitals’ Captain Alex Ovechkin took to his Twitter account on Tuesday night to deliver a message to the hockey world regarding the death of George Floyd.
- Over the past several days, protesters have taken the streets in major cities in wake of the death of George Floyd. Arrested for allegedly using a counterfeit bill at a convenience store, Floyd was killed by a Minneapolis police officer, who kneeled on his neck for over eight minutes on May 25. This has sparked many celebrities and athletes to voice their opinions and thoughts, demand change, and to speak out against racism.
- Earlier in the day Ovechkin and his wife Nastya celebrated Children’s Day. While the day is observed on Sunday, June 14 in the United States, Children’s Day is observed on June 1 in Russia.
- Nastya shared a video of the family in partnership with Johnson’s Baby.
- Oldest son Sergei is seen sitting between mom and dad and is later firing a one-timer into a hockey net for kids.
From our whole family we want to congratulate you on Children’s Day! We recorded this video for you together with the Johnson’s brand for children when I was waiting for Ilyusha. And now there are already four of us, so our congratulations are even greater and there is even more tenderness in them!
View this post on Instagram
От всей нашей семьи хотим поздравить вас с Днем Защиты Детей! Это видео мы записали для вас вместе с брендом Johnson’s для детей еще когда я ждала Илюшу. А теперь нас уже четверо, поэтому наших поздравлений еще больше и в них еще больше нежности! #johnson’s #нежностьэтосила
- The video was filmed prior to the birth of the couple’s second child and son, Ilya, on May 27.
“And now there are already four of us, so our congratulations are even greater and there is even more tenderness in them!” Nastya said in her Instagram caption for Children’s Day.
Sources & Credits: Alex Ovechkin, Twitter / nastyashubskaya, Instagram / Novacapsfans