John Steigerwald: Sidney Crosby isn’t being selfish by staying silent
- Here’s what John Steigerwald had to say about Evander Kane calling Sidney Crosby to speak out against racism:
“Evander Kane needs to mind his own business.
Kane plays left wing for the San Jose Sharks, and he’s black.
And how much credibility does a Canadian have when he says nothing has changed in hundreds of years? I know Canada is way up there in the frozen north, but you would think, by now, word would have reached Evander that America elected a black president 12 years ago. And then re-elected him four years later.
That was considered a pretty big change.
Maybe Crosby is smart enough to know he can’t win no matter what he says about what Kane perceives as systemic racism. And maybe he knows he’s a Canadian and should butt out.
- John Steigerwald proving here that he is not just an unthinkably stupid shit-brain, but also an unapologetic racist.
- Tribe Live should think again about who they want representing the brand, and how.
- Are they just another white supremacist pub?
- Steigerwald, whose opinionated and often politically incorrect weekly sports column has run in Pittsburgh daily newspapers for 25 years, was the focus of much controversy in 2011 after San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow was severely beaten on Opening Day at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles.
- In his column for the Washington Observer-Reporter Steigerwald wrote: “Maybe somebody can ask Stow, if he ever comes out of his coma, why he thought it was a good idea to wear Giants gear to a Dodgers’ home opener when there was a history of out-of-control drunkenness and arrests at that event going back several years.”
- This dude just has zero empathy for people
Sources & Credits: Tribe Live, John Steigerwald