NHL issues statement calling for justice amid protests
- With protests, many violent and some peaceful, raging across North America in the aftermath of an unarmed black man dying while being held down by a white police officer in Minneapolis, the NHL joined others calling for racial justice.
- If the NHL really want to make a statement about this, they should address racism within your own league.
- Probably less of this, to start.
- Stop doing police and military nights at games until cops stop killing black citizens with impunity.
- When Kaepernick was protesting peacefully by taking a knee against police brutality, players were warned against kneeling in solidarity.
- It would be interesting to see how the NHL would react if one of their players would take a knee down during National Anthem.
- It’s time for some real change.
- Black Lives Matter !!!
- George Floyd died in Minneapolis on Monday. He was in handcuffs and face down on a city street as police officer Derek Chauvin kneeled on his neck, and prosecutors have filed murder and manslaughter charges against Chauvin.
Sources & Credits: NHL, Twitter
Please follow and like us: