Tampa Bay Lightning: Getting the band back together!
- The boys got back on the ice once the nhl announced that teams would be able to skate again.
- After a week of teasers, Alex Killorn on Thursday dropped his “directorial debut” on Twitter and Instagram.
- He was still aboard a jet ski, but it wasn’t an episode of “Dock Talk with Killer.”
- Killorn and six of his Lightning teammates hopped on jet skis in a direct reference to arguably the best of hockey movies: “The Mighty Ducks.”
- Killorn, playing the role of Charlie Conway, calls to Steven Stamkos (“Ready to play some hockey?”) as Thin Lizzy’s “The Boys are Back in Town” starts playing.
- They then gather up Andrei Vasilevskiy, Anthony Cirelli, Mikhail Sergachev, Braydon Coburn and Erik Cernak — just as Charlie and Jesse gathered the Ducks in the opening scene of “D2.”
- You can hear the duck call as Stamkos calls “Vasy.” Cirelli is waiting tables and drops a tray of drinks to rush out to the water, a mix of “The Mighty Ducks’” Averman (working at a movie theatre) and Goldman (working an empty restaurant). Sergachev — of course, walking his cat and wearing his “Dock Talk” fanny pack — leaves his girlfriend, just as Guy leaves Connie in the movie.
- Vasilevskiy, doing bicep curls and telling himself, “You’re a man,” is incredible but not a specific reference — making it all the better.
- Even former Lightning goaltender Louis Domingue, the previous reigning leader of amusing funny videos, had to give props.
Sources & Credits: Alex Killorn, Youtube / Tampa Bay Times
Please follow and like us: