OHL, WHL, QMJHL Announce Most Outstanding Players
- The three leagues that make up the CHL have each announced the winner of their respective Most Outstanding/Valuable Player award, with Alexis Lafreniere grabbing the headlines once again.
- The expected first-overall pick has taken home the award for the second straight season in the QMJHL, joining only Sidney Crosby and Mathieu Chouinard as the only repeat winners.
- In the WHL, it is Adam Beckman that takes home the Four Broncos Memorial Trophy after scoring a whopping 107 points in 63 games for the Spokane Chiefs.
- Beckman was picked in the third round by the Minnesota Wild and still has another year of junior hockey before he’s eligible for the AHL.
- It’s hard to top a year where you lead the league in goals, points and win the top award, but he’ll certainly be trying.
- Given that Lafreniere is locked into a top spot for the draft, the most interesting award today may be the one given to Marco Rossi of the Ottawa 67’s.
- The Austrian-born forward spent his minor hockey years in Switzerland but absolutely dominated the OHL this season, scoring 120 points in 56 games.
- Rossi is eligible for the 2020 draft and was ranked sixth among North American skaters by NHL Central Scouting.
Sources & Credits: CHL / Prohockeyrumors
Please follow and like us: