Zack Kassian Kicks Erik Cernak In Chest After Hit And Pile Up
- There are some things that everyone knows you can’t do in hockey, kicking is near the top of the list.
- You have to think Kassian will miss a few games for this.
- This Kassian big boy is dumber than a box of rocks!!
- Ironic…Last month kassian was going on and on about “the code” and proudly exclaiming that he plays the game the right way.
- Now he’s kicking a guy with his skate blade, literally the dirtiest thing you can do on a hockey rink.
- This should warrant a suspension for both Kassian and maybe an official who should have caught it.
- Kassian tried to explain himself postgame:
“He was holding my leg, it was reactionary,” he told Sportsnet’s Mark Spector. “I was just trying to get him off me, kick him off me. I was just trying to get my foot loose.
“If I kicked him hard, I think he would have flew back or the ref would have called a penalty,” he continued. “I was trying to get off and pull my leg off. He was holding me and (teammate Josh Archibald) down. I didn’t even know where the puck was (and) I was trying to pull my leg up and get up.”
- Meanwhile, Cernak gave his side of the story.
“I think he was a little bit mad,” the Lightning blue-liner told reporters, including The Athletic’s Joe Smith. “I asked him what was wrong with him, because that’s not the right play. (That’s not) what to do on the ice. He didn’t say (anything). So I don’t know. Lucky it wasn’t higher.”
Sources & Credits: Youtube, Sportsnet / The Score