Zdeno Chara gave Brendan Gallagher a nasty cross-check to the face during the Bruins vs. Habs game
Zdeno Chara cross-checks Brendan Gallagher and then indicates he embellished pic.twitter.com/BbdOihDx0k
— Brady Trettenero (@BradyTrett) February 13, 2020
- The Boston Bruins and Montreal Canadiens share one of the NHL’s most heated rivalries, so things naturally get a bit ugly when the two sides face off.
- But on Wednesday night, Bruins defenceman Zdeno Chara may have taken things just a bit… too far.
- The big man found himself lined up beside 5’9 forward Brendan Gallagher, who didn’t seem to mind trying to agitate someone with an entire foot over him.
- Gallagher got in Chara’s grill and apparently managed to get under his skin pretty good, because he ended up taking a cross-check from the defenceman directly to the face.
- Both players were assessed a penalty for the ugly altercation.
- Ouch!… That’s gotta hurt.
- Gally wishing he was a feet taller on that play.
- The worst part was Zdeno was calling Gally for embellishment after the play.
- Now that’s a very Bruins thing to do … Bro you’re a giant … if you cross check anyone in the face … their face break … no need for embellishment
- The Bruins ultimately won the game 4-1 so think we can all agree it just wasn’t Gallagher’s best night.
Sources & Credits: Brady Trettenero (@BradyTrett), Twitter / Bardown
NHL Highlights | Canadiens vs. Bruins – Feb. 12, 2020
Please follow and like us: