Connor McDavid Blows Chance By Whiffing On Penalty Shot
- Connor McDavid committed an uncharacteristic error in the Oilers’ 6-3 loss to Carolina.
- The Oilers had a two-man advantage for 1:22 early in the third.
- While on the advantage, Carolina’s Brett Pesce put his hand on the puck in the crease.
- Oilers captain Connor McDavid was awarded a penalty shot, but the puck rolled off his stick and he didn’t get a shot away.
- McDavid had three assists.
“To have long success in this league, you need to be able to make the most of your home games and we haven’t been able to do that to this point,” Nurse said with the team going 3-5-3 in their last 11 home games.
“We play a lot more coming down the stretch before Christmas break, so we’ve got to make the most of them.”
- The Oilers [18-11-4] went 1-2-1 on the four game home stand and will visit Minnesota on Thursday.
Sources & Credits: Global News
NHL Highlights | Hurricanes vs. Oilers – Dec. 10, 2019
“I thought our work ethic was there. We battled back from a big hole but couldn’t close it.”
— Edmonton Oilers (@EdmontonOilers) December 11, 2019