Eric Staal Down On Ice After Huge Collision With Linesman
- Minnesota Wild forward Eric Staal was forced to leave Tuesday’s game against the Anaheim Ducks after an ugly collision with a linesman along the boards.
- During the first period, Staal and Ducks forward Derek Grant were racing for the puck when the Wild skater unfortunately crashed into the official along the boards.
- An ugly situation caused concern for those surrounding Staal, as he laid still on the ice by direction from the Wild trainer.
- He did eventually skate to the bench, but was unable to return.
- Minnesota is currently without forward Zach Parise and key defenceman Jared Spurgeon due to injury, and they might be losing their leading scorer for a significant amount of time after the awkward crash.
- Staal has scored 8 goals and 21 points through 30 games.
- The visiting Ducks ended up getting the win as they handed the Wild a 3-2 shootout loss.
- Minnesota is 14-12-5 on the season.
Sources & Credits: Yahoo Sports
NHL Highlights | Ducks vs. Wild – Dec. 10, 2019
Please follow and like us: