Blackhawks’ Olli Maatta: Remains sidelined
- Maatta (illness) will miss Tuesday’s matchup with Vegas, Mark Lazerus of The Athletic reports.
- Maatta will be out for his fourth straight game due to his illness and will be replaced by youngster Adam Boqvist who was recalled from AHL Rockford on Tuesday.
- In 27 games this season, the 25-year-old Maatta notched one goal and seven helpers and should be capable of reaching the 20-point mark.
“You’re trying to get better day by day and every day you want to play, and obviously it’s not easy when you can’t do that. It’s mentally pretty drowning too.”
- It’s quite the statement coming from someone who once underwent surgery to remove a cancerous tumour.
- At the age of 20, Maatta had a cancerous tumour removed from his thyroid, which was detected during a preseason physical.
- For something so serious, he only missed two weeks after his surgery before returning to the ice.
Sources & Credits: CBS Sports,Ben pope, Hockeyfeed
Please follow and like us: