Jim Montgomery dismissed as head coach of Stars
- Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today that Jim Montgomery has been dismissed as the team’s Head Coach.
- A source familiar with the situation says the Dallas Stars really had no choice and also says this is non abuse related.
- Nill said he was made aware this weekend of a “material act of unprofessionalism.”
- There is no connection to any past or present players per Nill
- Jim Nill said will not discuss the incident out of respect for those involved.
- Did say it had nothing to do with the recent points from the NHL BOG meeting.
- Also said no other employees involved.
- There was no criminal investigation involved
- Effective immediately, Rick Bowness, who has served as Assistant Coach since June 22, 2018, will assume the role of Interim Head Coach for the team.
- Additionally, Derek Laxdal, who was serving as the Head Coach of the Texas Stars, will be added to Bowness’ staff as Assistant Coach. Neil Graham has been named Head Coach of the Texas Stars.
- He was serving as Texas’ Assistant Coach.
Statement from Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill:
“The Dallas Stars expect all of our employees to act with integrity and exhibit professional behavior while working for and representing our organization. This decision was made due to unprofessional conduct inconsistent with the core values and beliefs of the Dallas Stars and the National Hockey League.”
Sources & Credits: DAL Stars
— Dallas Stars (@DallasStars) December 10, 2019