Alexis Lafreniere scored a beautiful goal for his 70th point in 32 games THIS SEASON
- Alexis Lefreniere just keeps giving hockey fans a taste of what’s to come at the NHL level.
- On Sunday, the 18-year-old notched his 70th point of the season on a beautiful goal against the Val-d’Or Foreurs.
- Lafreniere took the puck on the half wall and danced his way around everyone en route to putting home his 24th goal of the season.
- The marker stood as Rimouski’s only tally in a 4-1 loss.
⏪▶️⏪▶️⏪▶️⏪▶️ 😍 pic.twitter.com/pLGqpaBAg6
— L’Océanic de Rimouski (@oceanicrimouski) December 8, 2019
- Too easy. TOO EASY!
- This was obviously far from the first highlight reel goal the projected 2020 first overall pick has scored at the junior level. Let’s flash back to this nasty between-the-legs goal he scored in 2018…
- Just nasty.
Alexis Lafrenière en met plein la vue cet après-midi à Shawinigan !! 🙆🏽♂️ pic.twitter.com/6JsjtwwkDA
— L’Océanic de Rimouski (@oceanicrimouski) October 8, 2018
- Hockey fans will be seeing a whole lot more of the Saint-Eustache, Quebec native when the IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship kicks off on Boxing Day.
- Lafreniere made Team Canada as an under-ager last season and is expected to be one of their top forwards this time around.
- He scored one goal in five games in last year’s tournament.
- We’re sure there’ll be plenty more goals like this from the kid in the future.
Sources & Credits: L'Océanic de Rimouski, Bardown