Bruins Prospect Jakub Lauko Stretchered Off Ice After Collision In Providence
Here’s the play which resulted in Jakub Lauko being stretchered off the ice tonight. Not really sure what happened, but looked like he just collapsed and went down hard. There was contact before this, but I’m still not sure what happened. He gave a thumbs up after. #NHLBruins pic.twitter.com/Qor8Lo264J
— Bruins Network (@BruinsNetwork) December 8, 2019
- Jakub Lauko’s first season with the Providence Bruins had gotten off to a nice start, but the 19-year-old’s campaign took a scary turn Saturday night at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center.
- The Boston Bruins prospect hit Utica Comets forward Justin Bailey by the opposing bench before falling to the ice.
- Lauko seemed to just completely lose control of his body a few seconds after the play, as if his body had just shut down or something, and he fell limply to the ice and did not move from that position.
- The play continued to carry on around him for a few seconds before the officials on the ice finally noticed that there was something very wrong here, especially given that he was so close to the safety of his own bench and entirely unable to get there.
- P-Bruins trainers immediately attended to the winger before putting him on a stretcher.
- He was able to give a thumbs-up as he left the ice, according to the team.
- Lauko had just two games remaining before he was expected to leave Providence and represent the Czech Republic at the 2020 IIHF World Junior Championship.
- Through 17 games, Lauko had registered eight points (four goals, four assists) and 20 penalty minutes.
- He’s coming off a tremendous season with the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League’s Rouyn-Noranda Huskies, where he posted 21 goals and 20 assists in 44 games.
Sources & Credits: NESN, Bruins Network, Hockeyfeed