Cale Makar Leaves Game With Injury After Hard Hit From Brad Marchand
- Colorado Avalanche rookie sensation Cale Makar has left the game against the Boston Bruins after being hit by Brad Marchand.
- A fairly innocuous hit turned sour as Makar was seen heading directly to the dressing room and did not return for the remainder of the game.
- The defenceman missed the final 15 minutes of the contest, where the Avalanche defeated the Bruins 4-1.
- It appears that Makar’s left shoulder took the majority of the impact, slamming into the boards after the finished check by Marchand.
- Avalanche head coach Jared Bednar revealed after the game that there was no further status update on Makar, or goaltender Philipp Grubauer, who also left Saturday with an undisclosed ailment.
- Through 29 games played, the rookie leading scorer has 8 goals and 28 points.
Sources & Credits: Yahoo Sports, COL Avalanche
NHL Highlights | Avalanche vs Bruins – Dec. 7, 2019
We’re 12-0-2 in our last 14 here.
— Colorado Avalanche (@Avalanche) December 8, 2019
Please follow and like us: