The Canes expertly trolled Mrazek after he took a vicious punch from Joe Thornton
- Joe Thornton has certainly been mixing it up late in his career.
- Jumbo was getting into it with league bully Ryan Reaves during last season’s intense 7-game playoff showdown. More recently, Joe was heard talking trash with another agitator in Tom Wilson. One thing’s for sure, Thornton is definitely not afraid of a little smoke.
- If you don’t believe us, just take a look at him clocking Carolina Hurricanes goaltender Petr Mrazek.
- Going after a goaltender is always going to bring a lot of attention, and you can bet the ‘Canes won’t be forgetting about this.
- In fact, they aren’t letting Mrazek forget about it either.
- That’s some good trolling, we fully approve.
- After the game, reporters wanted to know more about what drove Thornton to drop him so, and the veteran player had the best answers to what took place on the ice.
“Just a hockey play. I think we were both just having fun and just, boys being boys. A little bit of excitement.”
- Then, he was asked if he was surprised that Mrazek dropped that easily.
- Thornton had the best answer to that question.
Sources & Credits: Michael Smith, Bardown
Please follow and like us: