Mic picks up intense chirp fest between Joe Thornton and Tom Wilson
Joe Thornton: “He’d [Evander Kane] put you to sleep”
Tom Wilson: “At least I got a ring though” pic.twitter.com/UN0NlAWwkA
— Brady Trettenero (@BradyTrett) December 4, 2019
😂 (🎥 NBC California/Bardown) pic.twitter.com/DCu9YXoqEb
— NoVa Caps (@NoVa_Caps) December 4, 2019
- The Caps didn’t just put the hurt on the Sharks on the ice though… no the abuse came in verbal form too and, luckily for us hockey fans, an ice level microphone happened to pick up this exchange between Jumbo Joe Thornton and Tom Wilson:
Thornton: Stop, just stop. He’d (Evander Kane) put you to sleep.
Wilson: You think I won’t fight him? At least I got a ring though. I was key, you were in the f***ing press box when you lost.
- Jumbo’s career speaks for itself. If the ring is all Wilson has to speak of it shows he has no argument at all
- San Jose Sharks forward Evander Kane was ejected from Tuesday’s 5-2 loss against the Washington Capitals for elbowing Caps defenseman Radko Gudas.
- The hit came shortly after Kane scored a goal in what had already clearly been developing into a lopsided win for the Capitals. Gudas clearly seemed disoriented by the hit, as he was helped to the bench by Capitals’ staff.
- Both Kane and Gudas have extensive histories of supplemental discipline in the NHL.
- Most recently, Kane was suspended for three games for abuse of an official heading into the 2019-20 season
- . Gudas’ most recent suspension came for two games for high-sticking back in February, so both have been suspended during the calendar year.
Sources & Credits: Brady Trettenero, Hockeyfeed