Patrik Laine on his performance, his success against the Stars throughout his career and more
- Perhaps there is no larger nemesis of the Stars than Patrik Laine.
- Laine, the Jets goal-scoring machine, has tortured the Stars in his career and most recently did so on Tuesday night in a 5-1 Stars loss in Winnipeg. Laine scored a second-period goal that extended Winnipeg’s lead to 4-1, his 18th goal in 16 games against the Stars.
“I wish we played 82 against those guys because I’d have a lot of goals,” Laine said. “It just seems like it goes in. Don’t have any explanation. Thank God they’re in our division.”
- That’s the kind of comment that’s bound to make you laugh if you’re a Jets fan, and totally piss you off if you happen to be a Stars fan!
- The Stars are the only team Laine has at least 20 points against (now has 24) and one of only two teams that he has double-digit goals against.
- This season, he’s scored in all three games against Dallas: a power-play rocket on Nov. 10, a deflection off his chest on Nov. 21 and Tuesday’s finish off the rush.
- Laine has two hat tricks against the Stars, and has only been held pointless twice.
Sources & Credits: Matthew DeFranks, The Dallas Morning News, Hockeyfeed
NHL Highlights | Stars vs Jets – Dec. 3, 2019
Please follow and like us: