Evander Kane Ejected After Hitting Radko Gudas In The Head
- San Jose’s Evander Kane has been fined $5,000, the maximum allowable under the CBA, for Elbowing Washington’s Radko Gudas.
- San Jose Sharks forward Evander Kane was ejected from Tuesday’s 5-2 loss against the Washington Capitals for elbowing Caps defenseman Radko Gudas.
- The hit came shortly after Kane scored a goal in what had already clearly been developing into a lopsided win for the Capitals.
- Gudas clearly seemed disoriented by the hit, as he was helped to the bench by Capitals’ staff.
- Both Kane and Gudas have extensive histories of supplemental discipline in the NHL.
- Most recently, Kane was suspended for three games for abuse of an official heading into the 2019-20 season.
- Gudas’ most recent suspension came for two games for high-sticking back in February, so both have been suspended during the calendar year.
Sources & Credits: NHL Player Safety
Please follow and like us: