Senators defenceman thwarts would-be thief in Vancouver
- Ottawa Senators defenceman Mark Borowiecki goes by the nickname “Boro Cop” among teammates, and on Sunday he earned the moniker.
- According to TSN 1200, Borowiecki witnessed someone breaking in to a car in the Vancouver neighbourhood of Gastown and confronted the individual, who was on a bike.
- Borowiecki managed to wrestle the person to the ground and retrieved a bag they had allegedly stolen from the car.
- In a statement to CTVNews.ca, Vancouver Police confirmed the incident.
“Vancouver Police are investigating a report of a theft from auto in which the witness, Mark Borowiecki, did assist in retrieving the stolen property and notifying the (Vancouver Police Department],” the statement reads.
“We are grateful for Mark’s assistance and do recommend that if anybody does witness a crime to immediately notify the Vancouver Police and to stay safe.”
- The Senators play against the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday night.
"Your move, creep." pic.twitter.com/sN7NtuRldx
— Ottawa Senators (@Senators) December 3, 2019
Sources & Credits: CTV News, TSN