Bob Hartley To Take Over As Canadiens’ Head Coach?
- The Montreal Canadiens are currently going through an absolutely brutal losing streak.
- A lot of fans and media members have been pointing the finger at head coach Claude Julien for not being able to adjust his coaching systems.
- As reported last week, Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin is currently in Russia to meet with prospect Alexander Romanov and his agents, however he could be having another important meeting as well.
- According to Georges Laraque of 91.9FM sports, Bergevin is also meeting with former NHL coach Bob Hartley regarding his interest in coaching the Canadiens.
- Hartley won the Stanley Cup with the Colorado Avalanche and is currently coaching Avangard Omsk of the KHL.
- This is possibly the worst idea ever and makes zero sense considering Canadiens already have Ducharme and Bouchard ready to take the next step.
- Plus, Bob Hartley is a man of his word.
- He will not quit the KHL before his contract ends (or before he’s fired).
- He’s been known to turn down at least one offer (in Calgary, a couple of years ago) because of that.
- So if Hartley ever comes back to coach in the NHL, it’s not before the end of the season.
- The plausible explanation is that Bergevin has eyes set on a couple of KHL players and wants an unbiased report on them.
- Nice try George…
Sources & Credits: Gohabsgo, George Laraque, 91.9 Sports
Please follow and like us: