GM Ray Shero is now in listening mode
- According to Pierre Lebrun, the Devils have started to listen from teams on Taylor Hall.
Doesn’t mean they will for sure trade him but given their place in the standings and the magnitude of a potential deal, GM Ray Shero is now in listening mode…
If and when he’s dealt, I would expect the deal to have a conditional nature to it so that if he re-signs with his new club there will be additional asset(s)…
Either way, this isn’t necessarily a deal _ if it happens _ that must wait until the Feb. 24 deadline….
- Devils winger Taylor Hall is the top player in the 2020 class of unrestricted free agents and with contract extension talks not yielding much progress, there had been plenty of speculation as to whether or not GM Ray Shero would be open to trading him at some point this season.
- It appears that he’s open to the idea at the very least as Pierre LeBrun of TSN and The Athletic reports that New Jersey is now listening to offers for Hall.
- Things have not gone according to plan for New Jersey or Hall this season.
- The Devils are floundering in the standings as they sit at the bottom of the Metropolitan Division and only Detroit has fewer points than them in the league.
- That makes a potential postseason push (where it could be justifiable to consider keeping him even without an extension in place) quite unlikely.
- As for Hall, while he leads the team in points with 21, he currently has just four goals on the season.
- No surprise given NJ poor start/standing but nevertheless, wheels are somewhat in motion
Sources & Credits: Pierre lebrun, TSN, Pro Hockey Rumors