Keith Yandle Interferes With Lars Eller Trying To Replace His Stick From The Bench
- The Capitals and Florida Panthers kept things close all game long, but a two-goal third period for Washington allowed the Caps to narrowly escape with the 4-3 win.
- Florida defenseman Keith Yandle took a penalty in the final minute of the game and it was a strange one. Eller was looking for a new stick from the bench and Caps’ head equipment manager Brock Myles tried to hand it to him. Yandle was right next to the bench as this was happening and whacked the stick away not once, but twice taking the interference penalty.
- “Eller broke his stick off the draw and then he’s coming to the bench to get a new stick and he grabbed the stick, but he was right next to the bench,” Reirden said. “Yandle was there and he knocked it out of his hands.”
- We have never seen a player get a penalty for trying to knock away a stick from an equipment manager.
- We bet head coach Joel Quenneville had a lot to say to his veteran player about his penalty.
- The Panthers could have use the advantage with the empty-net, but Yandle ruined that with a stupid decision.
- Kudos to Myles for drawing the penalty.
Sources & Credits: NBC Sports Washington, Hockey Feed
NHL Highlights | Panthers vs. Capitals – Nov. 27, 2019
Please follow and like us: