Is Marc Bergevin preparing a big Trade for the Montreal Canadiens?
- A report by NBC Sports’ Charlie Roumeliotis claiming Bergevin took in Tuesday’s game between the Chicago Blackhawks and Dallas Stars.
- He’s also attended several games involving the Blackhawks’ AHL affiliate in Rockford.
- With over $8 million in salary cap room, Bergevin has plenty of wiggle room to swing a major deal.
- However, he was in a similar position last season but only made a couple of minor moves.
- Expectations are higher this year, which could put pressure on him to swing a deal.
- The Canadiens don’t play the Blackhawks until Jan. 15. Bergevin has a trade history with the Hawks so we can’t dismiss the possibility he’ll do another deal with them.
- Chicago defenseman Erik Gustafsson has surfaced in trade rumors earlier this season.
- He’s slated to become an unrestricted free agent next summer.
- The Habs need help on the left side of their blueline but I don’t think Gustafsson would be the answer.
- He’s coming off a 60-point performance last season but has only eight points in 23 contests this season.
Sources & Credits: NBC, Spectors Hockey
Please follow and like us: