This graphic featuring Lemieux, Crosby, Jagr and Malkin is not for believing… seriously
- Evgeni Malkin has been clutch in the absence of Sidney Crosby.
- Since the Pens’ captain was declared out for up to six weeks as he recovers from core muscle surgery, Malkin has recorded two goals and a ridiculous eleven assists in eight games.
- The Russian made history in the Penguins’ 8-6 win over the Vancouver Canucks, surpassing Jaromir Jagr for second most five-point performances in franchise history with eight.
- You’d think that number would bring him close enough to the franchise lead but… think again.
- Turns out that Geno is still behind by 43. That’s right, Mario Lemieux recorded 51(!) during his career.
- 51 people! 51!!!!!!!!
- Arguably the most dominant forward in NHL history at the top of his game, Lemieux scored an unthinkable 1,723 points I just 915 games (are you serious?!), averaging 1.88 points.
- He managed to score five goals in four of the 51 games.
- Scoring doesn’t come as easily in today’s NHL but let this be a friendly reminder of just how dominant Lemieux was in his day.
Sources & Credits: NHL.com; Bardown
NHL Highlights | Canucks vs. Penguins – Nov. 27, 2019
Please follow and like us: