A drama shakes Devan Dubnyk
- Minnesota Wild goalkeeper Devan Dubnyk revealed Thursday that his wife Jennifer is in serious health trouble, forcing him to get away from the team for a dozen days.
- The Athletic site reported that the veteran had expressed a lot of emotion, but did not specify the precise nature of the problem affecting his wife. On the other hand, he said that the last week has been difficult and the rest remains unclear.
- On the ice, the short-term future also seems uncertain. Dubnyk will meet with head coach Bruce Boudreau to determine an action plan.
- He should bet on rookie Kaapo Kahkonen for Friday’s game against the Ottawa Senators, according to The Athletic.
- If this is the case, Alex Stalock could face the Dallas Stars on Sunday.
- Dubnyk would be more or less comfortable with leaving his family behind while the Wild goes abroad for a three-part sequence next week.
- Moreover, he has not been able to train during the recent days and will have to take the time lost for this purpose.
- The 33-year-old has not competed in the National League since 16 November.
- This season he has a 4-8-2 record, 3.36 goals-against average and .893 save percentage.
- Obviously there’s no timetable for Dubnyk’s return to the lineup at this point.
- All we can do is put him and his family in our thoughts and prayers.
Sources & Credits: Michael Russo, EN24
Please follow and like us: