Kerfoot suspended two games
- Toronto Maple Leafs forward Alex Kerfoot has been handed a two-game ban for his hit on Colorado Avalanche defenseman Erik Johnson, the NHL’s Department of Player Safety announced Monday.
- The incident occurred in the second period of Saturday’s contest.
- Johnson remained in the game and Kerfoot was handed a two-minute minor for boarding.
- Kerfoot’s absence will keep him out for the remaining two games of the Maple Leafs’ road trip.
- The 25-year-old is bogged down in a six-game pointless streak and will have to wait longer to get back on the scoresheet.
- The Vancouver native’s bottom-six spot in the lineup will go to either Dmytro Timashov or Nick Shore.
Sources & Credits: NHL Player Safety, CBS Sports
Please follow and like us: