Maple Leafs’ Alex Kerfoot facing a possible suspension.
Toronto’s Alexander Kerfoot will have a hearing Monday for Boarding former teammate Erik Johnson pic.twitter.com/xnsjD9JFeV
— HockeyTroll.ca (@Hockeytroll_ca) November 24, 2019
- The Toronto Maple Leafs have done an excellent job of moving on from highly respected former Maple Leafs head coach Mike Babcock and if their first two games under newly appointed head coach Sheldon Keefe are any indication it seems like the Maple Leafs may be well on their way to turning their poor start to the season right around.
- The Maple Leafs faced off against former Maple Leafs’ forward Nazem Kadri and his Colorado Avalanche on Saturday night and it was a pretty good night for the Leafs, although we now know that there was one particularly ugly moment for the boys from Toronto.
- The game looked good early on for the Maple Leafs but things took an ugly turn during the closing minutes of the game’s second period when Maple Leafs forward Alexander Kerfoot took some serious liberties with former teammate Erik Johnson.
- Johnson had just beaten Kerfoot in a race to the puck along the end boards but Kerfoot attempted to gain position by delivering a relatively light crosscheck to the back of the Colorado Avalanche defenseman.
- Unfortunately although the crosscheck was not particularly vicious it was delivered at just about the most dangerous place on the ice to do so and the result of the play was Johnson going head first into the boards.
- Although Kerfoot was awarded a two minute minor penalty for boarding on the play Johnson was irate and clearly felt that the very dangerous play had warranted at least a 5 minute major, but obviously the NHL officials disagreed.
- Now however the National hockey League’s Department of Player Safety has stepped in and it sounds like Johnson will get the justice he was initially hoping to see on Saturday night.
- Although it is unclear at this time what will come of this incident, TSN National Hockey League insider Darren Dreger is now reporting that Alex Kerfoot will in fact have a hearing with the Department of Player Safety at some point during the day on Monday.
Sources & Credits: NHL Player safety, Hockeyfeed
Please follow and like us: