Panthers’ Keith Yandle Leaves Ice In Discomfort After Taking Puck To Face
- The Panthers were down an important player for a big portion of the game last night.
- After getting hit in the face with a puck in the first period, Keith Yandle left the game and did not return until a few minutes into the third.
- Upon his return, the 33-year-old defenseman, sporting a full cage, came incredibly close to setting up a potential game-tying goal with a passing attempt.
“He makes a great play,” Quenneville said. “We almost had an empty-netter right off the bat.”
- Named the NHL’s “Third Star of the Week,” Yandle has been playing some of his best hockey of the season in recent weeks.
- Leading Florida’s defensemen in points (18), he’s notched one goal and 13 assists over his last 12 games.
- Of his 18 points, 11 have come while on the power play.
“He’s certainly been playing well,” Quenneville said. “It was good to see him back.”
Sources & Credits: NHL.com;
Please follow and like us: