Tuukka Rask Catches Puck With Blocker Hand To Make Insane Save Against Sabres
- When Marc-Andre Fleury robbed the Maple Leafs with an insane glove save on Tuesday night, we thought it might end up being the best save of the season.
- Two days later, we have to question if it was even the best save this week.
- That’s because Tuukka Rask submitted his own “save of the year” candidate for consideration on Thursday night as the Bruins took on the Sabres. With Boston holding onto a two-goal lead and Buffalo on the power play in the third period, Evan Rodrigues had a golden opportunity to cut that lead in half as a rebound opportunity rolled to him with Rask out of position.
- Rodrigues had plenty of net to shoot at and he let one rip. It felt like it was going to be a sure goal.
- But then Rask did this:
It’s not fair to be this good. pic.twitter.com/mnHTyD5Jby
— NHL (@NHL) November 22, 2019
- After losing his stick in the chaos, Rask made a desperation lunge back across the crease and managed to grab the shot with his blocker hand.
- Yes, his blocker hand. I
- t sounds ridiculous because it is.
- That save would end up being a a pivotal one, as the Bruins would go on to win by a final score of 3-2.
- Had Rask failed to make the insane save, overtime likely would have been in the cards.
- When asked about the highlight after the game, the Bruins goaltender basically said he couldn’t even believe it himself.
- Tuukka Rask said his save on Rodrigues was tougher to shake off than a bad goal because he’s not used to making saves like that.
- Said he didn’t even want to look at the replay.
- All Rodrigues could do was offer a tip of the cap.
“It’s arguably the save of the year,” said the Sabres forward, via Joe Yerdon. “You just tip your hat but yeah, that was something else.”
- It seems that this one might be tough to beat moving forward, but we also said that two days ago.
Sources & Credits: Pete Blackburn, CBS Sports
NHL Highlights | Sabres vs. Bruins – Nov. 21, 2019
Please follow and like us: