Stamkos re-aggravates lower-body injury vs. Blackhawks
— FOX Sports Florida & Sun (@FOXSportsFL) November 22, 2019
- Tampa Bay Lightning captain Steven Stamkos re-aggravated a lower-body injury Thursday night versus the Chicago Blackhawks, head coach Jon Cooper said postgame, according to The Athletic’s Joe Smith.
- Cooper added he’s unsure if it will be a long-term issue, according to John Dietz of the Daily Herald.
- Stamkos played just 5:17 but remained on the bench for the entire game.
- He wanted to be there to support his teammates during the 4-2 victory, Cooper said, according to Bryan Burns of NHL.com.
- The Lightning are already without reigning MVP Nikita Kucherov as he deals with an upper-body injury he suffered Tuesday.
- Stamkos has posted seven goals and 13 assists in 19 games.
Sources & Credits: John Dietz, Daily Herald
NHL Highlights | Lightning vs Blackhawks – Nov. 21, 2019
Please follow and like us: