Pierre Engvall had one of the most memorable celebrations of the year after scoring his first goal
The slip on the banana peel celly 😂 pic.twitter.com/VrM53O5VQx
— Flintor (@TheFlintor) November 22, 2019
- Toronto Maple Leafs forward Pierre Engvall had himself a Wednesday night to remember.
- The rookie scored his first goal in the 3-1 Toronto win in the team’s first game under new head coach Sheldon Keefe. Engvall broke loose and slid one between Kuemper on the PK, but it was his celebration that stood out above the all. As he prepared to embrace his teammates, the Swede looked like he slipped on a banana and took quite the tumble. Probably not what Engvall had in mind, but he didn’t seem to care too much.
“I just was so happy & tried to do something special for the first celly. (smile) I think I did it.”
- Hearing it from teammates?
“We watched it, like, five times (at) the break so, yeah, I got it”
- Hey, at least he was able to have fun with the whole thing?!
- A seventh round pick in the 2014 draft, Engvall is finally getting his first crack at the NHL level.
- He had some flattering words for his new head coach after he earned his first victory.
- “He knows what I can do & I think he believes in me so, of course, I feel that extra support & I think that helps me”
- The Leafs looked like they were having a whole lot of fun on Thursday, and the celebration just added to what was a memorable night for the organization.
- Let’s hope Engvall can get the celly right next time.
Sources & Credits: MArk Masters, Bardown
NHL Highlights | Maple Leafs vs Coyotes – Nov. 21, 2019