John Tavares pulled a very classy move for Sheldon Keefe after he earned his first win
Tavares grabbing the puck for Keefe’s first win pic.twitter.com/AZbS7BvcI7
— Flintor (@TheFlintor) November 22, 2019
- It didn’t take long for Sheldon Keefe to earn his first W at the NHL level.
- On Thursday night, the 39-year-old led the Leafs to a convincing 3-1 road win over the Arizona Coyotes in his first game as Toronto’s head coach.
- Auston Matthews scored in his return home, Tyson Barrie snapped out of his slump with his first goal as a Leaf, and rookie Pierre Engvall put home his first in The Show, so all in all it was a good night.
- But the best moment came after the final horn when captain John Tavares collected the game puck for Keefe.
- The bench boss got emotional discussing the classy move.
Keefe: “They gave me the puck after the game … It has the Coyotes logo on it, which is pretty meaningful for me & my family … my mother-in-law is here – my in-laws and my wife are from here in Arizona”
- That’s why this guy where’s the ‘C’!!!!
Sources & Credits: Mark Masters, Bardown