Latest Rumors on Johnny Gaudreau
- Sam Carchidi from the Philadelphia Inquirer believes the Flyers should make a pitch for Gaudreau if he’s available.
- He believes winger, who has roots in South Jersey, would be a good fit, providing their core with some much-needed speed and scoring.
- Carchidi considers Gaudreau’s contract ($6.75 million annually through 2021-22) as manageable.
- It would cost a lot to acquire him but he’d be worth parting with some high draft picks.
- Carchidi also suggested including Jakub Voracek or James van Riemsdyk in the deal.
- But rest assured Flames fans.
- Elliotte Friedman from Sportsnet said he’d be astonished if the Calgary Flames traded Johnny Gaudreau at this time.
- There is concern over how the 26-year-old winger is playing this season, but no desire to make a rash move.
- Friedman believes Flames general manager Brad Treliving will try to breathe some life into his struggling club.
- It won’t be easy because of their limited salary-cap space.
- Unless the Flames can get a player of equal or greater value, shopping Gaudreau would be a huge overreaction.
- Maybe he and his teammates are suffering from some complacency after last season’s strong regular-season play.
- Perhaps he’s nursing an undisclosed injury that’s affecting his performance.
- Maybe he’s distracted by a personal matter.
- Gaudreau’s coming off a career-high 99-point performance last season.
- Yes, his production is down but he’s tied with Sean Monahan for second among Flames scorers.
- He’s also not the only Flame having trouble finding the back of the net this season.
- Unless Gaudreau’s unhappy playing in Calgary, he shouldn’t be shopped or made the whipping boy for the Flames’ underwhelming team play this season.
Sources & Credits: Sam Carchidi, Elliotte Friedman, Spectors Hockey
Please follow and like us: