Patrick Kane And Jonathan Toews Go After Sebastian Aho For Hit From Behind At Conclusion Of Game
- Sebastian Aho would got away with a hit from behind but as the game was coming to an end Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews went looking for justice.
- Hurricanes hold off Blackhawks, win fourth straight
- Petr Mrazek made 30 saves, and the Carolina Hurricanes held on to extend their winning streak to four games with a 4-2 victory against the Chicago Blackhawks at United Center on Tuesday.
- Nino Niederreiter had a goal and an assist, Andrei Svechnikov scored, and Lucas Wallmark had two assists for Carolina (13-7-1), which swept a road trip of at least three games (3-0-0) for the first time in its history.
“We came out and we [were] ready,” Svechnikov said. “We scored a couple of goals and it was huge for us. Obviously, we can’t give up a couple of those goals in the third period, but I feel like we played a really hard game.”
- Patrick Kane had two assists, and Robin Lehner made 29 saves for Chicago (9-8-4), which had won four straight and also had its six-game point streak end (5-0-1).
“We came out and worked, and I guess you’re bound to have a game like that where [you] play a lot of games, a lot of travel, all those things,” Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews said. “You got to find ways to get your energy from the get-go, even if you’re not feeling it 100 percent. But we found a way late in the game, we just got to find a way to bring it early on and I think if we play three solid [periods], we have a better chance of winning.”
NHL Highlights | Hurricanes vs. Blackhawks – Nov. 19, 2019
- Kane is one assist shy of 600 in the NHL. …
- Blackhawks rookie forward Kirby Dach had the secondary assist on Murphy’s goal and has seven points (four goals, three assists) in a five-game point streak. …
- Necas has nine points (three goals, six assists) in his past nine games. …
- Hurricanes defenseman Dougie Hamilton had an assist and has seven points (three goals, four assists) in a six-game point streak.
Sources & Credits: NHL.com; CAR Hurricanes, CHI Blackhawks