Benn scores two goals, Stars top Canucks for fourth straight win
- Jamie Benn had two goals and an assist for the Dallas Stars in their fourth straight win, 6-1 against the Vancouver Canucks at American Airlines Center on Tuesday.
- Miro Heiskanen, Justin Dowling and Corey Perry each had a goal and an assist, and Ben Bishop made 32 saves for Dallas (12-8-2), which is 11-1-1 in its past 13 games after a 1-7-1 start.
“It’s felt great,” Stars defenseman Taylor Fedun said of the turnaround. “We’re doing a lot of things together out there, finding different ways to win games and ultimately doing a good job at keeping the puck out of our net.
“Both of our goaltenders have been superb for us here, and our team game has really taken strides in the right direction. We’re a confident bunch when we’re playing this way.”
- Bo Horvat scored, and Jacob Markstrom made 25 saves for Vancouver (10-8-4), which opened a six-game road trip and is winless in three straight games (0-2-1).
“We wanted to play a better game, and obviously goaltending’s a big part of that too,” Markstrom said. “You’re not going to win many games when you let six goals in. It’s pretty obvious when we’re on our game or not.”
NHL Highlights | Canucks vs. Stars – Nov. 19, 2019
- Horvat ended a nine-game goal drought. …
- The Stars are 16-2-3 in their past 21 games against the Canucks. …
- Dallas forward Tyler Seguin had two assists;
- He’s had three consecutive multipoint games (two goals, five assists). …
- Stars forward Blake Comeau extended his point streak to three games (two goals, one assist).
Sources & Credits: NHL.com; DAL Stars, VAN Canucks
— Dallas Stars (@DallasStars) November 20, 2019