ARE THE FLAMES SHOPPING FOR HELP?
- With the Calgary Flames struggling to score and tumbling in the standings, Eric Francis from Sportsnet reports general manager Brad Treliving is looking long and hard at possible moves to bolster his roster.
- With NHL GMs meeting in Toronto today, Treliving has an opportunity to commiserate with Leafs GM Kyle Dubas.
- Francis suggests a swap of Tyson Barrie for TJ Brodie but their salary-cap hits would make that move difficult to achieve.
- Francis also said unhappy Flames fans are calling for winger Johnny Gaudreau to be traded. He feels the odds are against Treliving doing anything that monumental until next summer.
“However, should this team fail to make the playoffs or fall short of winning at least one round this summer you can bet Gaudreau will start to be shopped,” said Francis.
- Brodie’s recent health scare makes him difficult to move right now.
- His name came up in off-season trade speculation but there’s no indication the Flames were looking into trading him during this season.
- If the Leafs were to move Barrie, they could have better options than Brodie in mind.
- As for Gaudreau, why would Treliving intends to move one of his leading scorers?
- Maybe he’ll consider such a shakeup if the Flames miss the postseason, but that could be an over-reaction.
- Gaudreau’s not the only Flame struggling to score right now.
- After dominating the Western Conference last season, perhaps the roster is guilty of complacency this season.
Sources & Credits: Eric Francis, Sportsnet, Spector Hockey
Please follow and like us: