There’s been talk of a Jesse Puljujarvi-Lias Andersson possible Edm/NYR trade scenario
- Before the Rangers assigned Lias Andersson to their AHL affiliate, Larry Brooks noted the once-promising young center was mired on their fourth line.
- He suggested a trade might be necessary to address the situation.
- Pointing out the Rangers had some interest in Edmonton Oilers winger Jesse Puljujarvi, Brooks felt sending Andersson the other way would seem logical
- While there’s been talk of a Jesse Puljujarvi-Lias Andersson possible Edm/NYR trade scenario, the scouting book on the Swedish first-rounder Andersson is he’s a bottom six NHLer who doesn’t have a lot of pace to his game.
- Brooks’ colleague Brett Cyrgalis reports the Rangers still believe in Andersson.
- They’ll evaluate his performance in Hartford and see how he responds to more playing time there.
“If the chance comes, I’m ready to take it,” Andersson said. “I try to showcase myself every practice and every game.”
- The Rangers might want to showcase Andersson, as well.
- If the Rangers did offer Andersson for Puljujarvi, the Oilers probably weren’t interested.
- For now…
Sources & Credits: Larry Brooks,
Please follow and like us: