Ryan Reaves Launches Himself Into Flames’ Oliver Kylington For A Huge Hit
- Ryan Reaves shows up again with the “Hit of the Knight” as “Reavo” delivers a game-high 7 hits versus Calgary.
- Fleury makes 34 saves, Golden Knights blank Flames to end skid
- Marc-Andre Fleury made 34 saves, and the Vegas Golden Knights ended a five-game winless streak with a 6-0 victory against the Calgary Flames at T-Mobile Arena on Sunday.
- Fleury’s shutout was his second of the season and 58th in his career, which ties John Ross Roach for 19th in NHL history.
“It’s been a rough patch,” Fleury said. “We haven’t been scoring as much lately, so to see so many guys get goals tonight, it’s good. It boosts everybody’s confidence.”
- William Karlsson had two goals and an assist, Max Pacioretty had a goal and an assist, and Nate Schmidt had four assists for the Golden Knights (10-9-3), who were 0-4-1 in their previous five games and 1-4-3 in their past seven despite holding a lead in six of them.
“That’s our goal. Not to sit back on our heels and play scared, not to play for a tie. That’s not our club,” Pacioretty said. “When we do that, that’s when we run into trouble. We’re at our best when we’re at their end and moving forward.”
- Cam Talbot made 31 saves for the Flames (10-10-3), who are 0-3-1 in their past four games and have not scored a goal in 130:03 (lost 3-0 at Arizona Coyotes on Saturday).
“It’s getting pretty old,” Flames forward Matthew Tkachuk said. “It’s not that our starts have been horrible. We just can’t get this lead. When we trail, we press and they put a six spot on us. We kind of let them run away with it and leave our goalie out to dry countless times.”
NHL Highlights | Flames vs Golden Knights – Nov. 17, 2019
- Flames forward Sam Bennett (upper body) was a late scratch. Dillon Dube replaced him and had two shots in 14:23 of ice time. …
- Vegas is 6-0-0 against Calgary at T-Mobile Arena. …
- Eakin is one goal shy of 100 in the NHL. …
- Stastny’s goal was his first point in nine games.
- He is two points shy of 700 in the NHL. …
- Stone’s goal was his first point in seven games. …
- Golden Knights forward Ryan Reaves played in his 600th NHL game.
Sources & Credits: NHL.com; VGK, CAL Flames
— Vegas Golden Knights (@GoldenKnights) November 18, 2019