Cherry to release ‘Grapevine’ podcast
- Don Cherry will soon have a new platform.
- The 85-year-old will release a podcast called “Grapevine,” Cherry told the Toronto Sun’s Joe Warmington.
- Cherry was fired by Sportsnet last week for making offensive comments about immigrants during “Coach’s Corner” on Nov. 9.
“You people that come here, you love our way of life, you love our milk and honey, at least you can pay a couple of bucks for poppies or something like that,” Cherry said.
- Cherry will address his dismissal during the first episode of his new 30-minute show, which will air Tuesday.
“But that’s not all we talked about,” Cherry said, according to Warmington. “We are talking hockey, of course. It’s going to be terrific. In this one, I am talking about The Rocket (Maurice Richard), one of the all-time greats.”
- The podcast will drop every Monday during the hockey season and will feature his son, Tim, and his grandson, Del, as co-hosts.
- Cherry had a television show from 1982 to 1993 called “The Grapevine,” stemming from his nickname “Grapes.”
Sources & Credits: Toronto Sun, Joe Warmington, The Score