Cory Schneider will be placed on waivers at noon ET for purpose of assignment to Binghamton
- The Devils will place goalie Cory Schneider on waivers at noon on Monday.
- If he clears on Tuesday, he will report to the Binghamton Devils for an AHL assignment.
- The team recalled goalie Louis Domingue from the AHL on Monday.
- He was on the ice for the team’s morning practice at Prudential Center in Newark, wearing No. 70. Mackenzie Blackwood also practiced.
- Given Schneider’s $6 million cap hit and contract that runs through the 2021-22 season, it’s unlikely another NHL will claim him.
- That will allow him to sort out his struggles on an AHL assignment.
- Schneider posted a 4.59 GAA and .852 save percentage in six NHL games this season, and he’s is still searching for his first win.
- Domingue was acquired in a trade with the Tampa Bay Lightning on Nov. 1, where the Devils sent a conditional 2021 seventh-round pick to the Lightning in exchange for the goaltending depth.
- That pick will go to the Lightning only if Domingue plays in seven or more NHL games this season, appears in one or more playoff game, or is traded prior to the 2020 NHL Draft.
- In four games in Binghamton, Domingue posted a 2.25 GAA and .918 save percentage. In 26 NHL games last season, Domingue posted a 21-5-0 record with a Lightning, boasting a 2.88 GAA and .908 save percentage.
Sources & Credits: Chris Ryan | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
Please follow and like us: