Canadiens place Drouin on IR with upper-body injury
- The Montreal Canadiens placed Jonathan Drouin on injured reserve Saturday after the forward suffered an upper-body injury during Friday’s win over the Washington Capitals, the team announced.
- Drouin was on the wrong end of a massive collision with Alex Ovechkin during the second period of Friday’s game.
- He was visibly shaken up and temporarily left the contest, but he returned to play six shifts in the third period.
- The team said the injury occurred in the third frame.
- Drouin is tied for third on the Habs with 15 points in 19 games.
- Charles Hudon, who leads the AHL’s Laval Rocket with nine goals in 17 games, was recalled by Montreal in a corresponding move.
Sources & Credits:MTL Canadiens, The Score
Please follow and like us: