Svechnikov, Hurricanes blow lead, defeat Wild in overtime
- Andrei Svechnikov scored 1:33 into overtime to give the Carolina Hurricanes their third straight victory with a 4-3 win against the Minnesota Wild at Xcel Energy Center on Saturday.
- Joel Edmundson, Brock McGinn and Warren Foegele scored, and James Reimer made 32 saves for the Hurricanes (12-7-1).
- Carson Soucy scored his first NHL goal for the Wild (7-11-2), who scored three times in the second period to force overtime. Devan Dubnyk made 24 saves.
- Edmundson scored on a one-timer from Martin Necas at 3:56 of the first period for a 1-0 lead. McGinn scored 2:01 later with a rebound to make it 2-0 at 5:57.
- Kunin made it 2-1 at 4:27 of the second period.
- Foegele one-timed a shot at 8:50 of the second for a 3-1 lead.
- Parise scored shorthanded off his own rebound at 15:43 to make it 3-2.
- Soucy tied the game 3-3 at 17:04 with a wrist shot.
NHL Highlights | Hurricanes vs Wild – Nov. 16, 2019
Sources & Credits: NHL.com; CAR Hurricanes, MIN Wild
This day is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S pic.twitter.com/bYFkRZisMI
— Carolina Hurricanes (@Canes) November 16, 2019
"That second period – especially when we were on our heels the whole period – he came up and made some nice saves for us."
— FOX Sports Carolinas (@CanesOnFSCR) November 16, 2019