Kucherov has four points, Lightning score nine in win against Rangers
- The Tampa Bay Lightning tied their records for goals and power-play goals in a 9-3 win against the New York Rangers at Amalie Arena on Thursday.
- Tampa Bay went 5-for-8 on the power play in its first game since sweeping two games against the Buffalo Sables in the 2019 NHL Global Series in Stockholm on Friday and Saturday.
- The Lightning last scored nine goals in a 9-0 win against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Nov. 8, 2003. They last scored five power-play goals in a 6-1 win against the Sabres on March 19, 1995.
- Tampa Bay led 4-0 at 6:42 of the first period after scoring the sixth-fastest four goals to start a game in NHL history.
“We just didn’t want to take our foot off the gas,” Lightning captain Steven Stamkos said. “Not often do you have a game where you’re up like that so quick. I thought for the most part we did a pretty good job of attacking.”
- Nikita Kucherov had a goal and three assists, Alex Killorn had two goals and an assist, and Victor Hedman had three assists for the Lightning (9-5-2), who have won three straight. Andrei Vasilevskiy made 20 saves.
- Filip Chytil had two goals, and Artemi Panarin had two assists, extending his point streak to 10 games for the Rangers (8-7-2), who were 3-0-1 in their previous four.
- Rangers starter Alexandar Georgiev made 21 saves on 26 shots in 26:42 of ice time. He was pulled after the fourth Lightning goal but returned to start the third period.
- Henrik Lundqvist made 15 saves on 19 shots for New York in 33:18.
“We just lost to a really good hockey team that was on their A-game, and we were far from our A-game,” Rangers coach David Quinn said. “We were overwhelmed from the start all the way to the finish.”
NHL Highlights | Rangers vs Lightning – Nov. 14, 2019
- It was Kucherov’s second game with four or more points this season.
- He had four (two goals, two assists) in a 7-3 win at the Toronto Maple Leafs on Oct. 10. …
- Panarin has 15 points (four goals, 11 assists) during his point streak. …
- Schenn’s last goal was March 31, 2018, for the Arizona Coyotes, 33 games ago. …
- Rangers defenseman Jacob Trouba left the game in the second period with an upper-body injury. …
- New York forward Micheal Haley had two misconduct penalties. …
- Rangers forward Kaapo Kakko (flu) was a late scratch.
- Following the Bolts 9-3 victory over the Rangers, they invited members of the United State Military into their Locker room for a meet and greet
Sources & Credits: NHL.com; TB Lightning, NY Rangers
Hear from Coach Quinn after tonight’s game: pic.twitter.com/e9O8FDWWkK
— New York Rangers (@NYRangers) November 15, 2019