Connor McDavid Dropped In Neutral Zone Then Brandon Manning Fights Barclay Goodrow
- Brandon Manning dropped the gloves with Barclay Goodrow after Tomas Hertl took a shot at Connor McDavid.
- Manning racked up 15 PIM in Tuesday’s 6-3 loss to the Sharks.
- Manning fought Sharks forward Barclay Goodrow in the second period, but it was the former who earned a game misconduct penalty.
- Manning was appearing for just the second time in the Oilers’ last seven games, as Joel Persson took a turn as a healthy scratch. Manning is likely to serve as defensive depth when Adam Larsson (lower leg) returns within the next couple of weeks.
Sharks top Oilers, conclude homestand with fourth straight win
- Six players scored for the San Jose Sharks, who extended their winning streak to four games with a 6-3 victory against the Edmonton Oilers at SAP Center on Tuesday.
- Timo Meier and Barclay Goodrow each had a goal and an assist, Erik Karlsson had three assists, and Martin Jones made 21 saves for San Jose (8-10-1).
“We needed a win tonight,” Sharks coach Peter DeBoer said. “We’ve been putting a lot of effort into our team game and it’s important that you see results from that. I think there’s been a big effort by our group to tighten up defensively, and usually when that happens, the goals go in. It’s nice to get rewarded for that kind of work though, and the goals did go in.”
- Leon Draisaitl and Sam Gagner each had a goal and an assist, and Mike Smith made 19 saves for Edmonton (12-6-2), which had won two straight.
“We weren’t ready to go off the hop,” Oilers captain Connor McDavid said. “They come out strong here in this building and we definitely know that. Now it’s happened to us a couple of times in this building and we have to be better.”
NHL Highlights | Oilers vs Sharks – Nov. 12, 2019
- Draisaitl leads the NHL with 11 multipoint games this season and became the sixth player in Oilers history to have at least three point streaks of 10 or more games (14 games in 2018-19, 11 in 2016-17). …
- McDavid had an assist and has eight points (five goals, three assists) in a five-game point streak. …
- San Jose went 2-for-2 on the penalty kill and has allowed one goal while shorthanded at home this season (32-for-33), which leads the NHL. …
- Hertl has scored in four straight games and has seven points (four goals, three assists) during that span.
Sources & Credits: NHL.com, SJ Sharks, EDM Oilers