McDavid gets hat trick for Oilers in win against Ducks
- Connor McDavid had a hat trick for the Edmonton Oilers in a 6-2 win against the Anaheim Ducks at Honda Center on Sunday.
- McDavid’s first goal made him the eighth player in NHL history to score 400 points before turning 23, and his third gave him his fifth NHL hat trick.
- Leon Draisaitl matched his NHL career high with four assists, extending his point streak to nine games (eight goals, 10 assists), Ryan Nugent-Hopkins scored two goals, and Zack Kassian had a goal and two assists for the Oilers (12-5-2), who have won two games in a row. Mikko Koskinen made 31 saves.
“I liked our game. I liked the result all over,” McDavid said. “Good effort from everyone.”
- Rickard Rakell scored in his 400th NHL game, and John Gibson made 25 saves for the Ducks (9-8-1), who have lost their past three games (0-2-1).
“We got outplayed,” Anaheim captain Ryan Getzlaf said. “We said they were an opportunistic team. They were. We said they were good on the power play. They were. We got outplayed.”
NHL Highlights | Oilers vs. Ducks – Nov. 10, 2019
- The other NHL players to reach 400 points before turning 23 are Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Peter Stastny, Eric Lindros, Mike Bossy, Sidney Crosby and Bryan Trottier. …
- Draisaitl has 17 points (nine goals, eight assists) in his past 14 games against Anaheim. …
- Oilers forward Patrick Russell got his first NHL point in his 22nd game with an assist on Kassian’s goal. …
- Ducks defenseman Hampus Lindholm was placed on injured reserve prior to the game because of a lower-body injury, and rookie defenseman Josh Mahura was recalled from San Diego of the American Hockey League.
- Mahura had one takeaway in 21:18, including 4:20 on the power play. …
- Silfverberg has five points (one goal, four assists) through the first five of Anaheim’s season-long seven-game homestand.
Sources & Credits: Dan Arritt / NHL.com, EDM Oilers, ANA Ducks