Panthers rally to defeat Rangers in shootout
- Evgenii Dadonov had three points, Vincent Trocheck scored the deciding goal in the shootout and the Florida Panthers defeated the New York Rangers 6-5 at Madison Square Garden on Sunday.
- Aleksander Barkov scored a goal for the fifth straight game, and Sam Montembeault made 29 saves for the Panthers (8-4-5).
- Ryan Lindgren scored his first NHL goal, and Artemi Panarin extended his point streak to eight games for the Rangers (7-6-2). Henrik Lundqvist made 30 saves.
- Chris Kreider tipped home a power-play shot by Adam Fox to give the Rangers a 5-4 lead at 18:35 of the second period.
- But Florida’s Brian Boyle deflected a shot by Keith Yandle past Lundqvist at 7:01 of the third to tie the game at 5-5.
- Vatrano, who scored in the first round of the shootout, tied the game at 4-4 on a breakaway at 8:30 of the second period.
- That came after Rangers rookie Kaapo Kakko, who scored to start the third round of the tiebreaker, scored a power-play goal at 7:31 to give New York a 4-3 lead.
- Brady Skjei tied the game at 3-3 at 5:31 of the second when his shot pinballed off Panthers defenseman Mike Matheson in front of the net and got past Montembeault.
- Dadonov scored a power-play goal at 4:42 of the second to give the Panthers a 3-2 lead.
- Filip Chytil tied the game at 2-2 at 1:28 after he skated around Panthers defenseman Anton Stralman before beating Montembeault.
- Barkov scored with 1:47 remaining in the first to tie the game at 1-1. He took a pass from Dadonov in the right circle, stopped and shot the puck past Lundqvist.
- Florida went ahead 30 seconds later when Dominic Toninato put a rebound past Lundqvist to make it 2-1 at 18:43.
- It was his first goal of the season.
- Lindgren scored to give the Rangers a 1-0 lead at 5:06 of the first period on a cross-crease pass from Ryan Strome.
- Panarin had the secondary assist and has 12 points (four goals, eight assists) during his point streak.
NHL Highlights | Panthers vs. Rangers – Nov. 10, 2019
Sources & Credits: David Satriano / NHL.com, FLA Panthers, NY Rangers
Please follow and like us: