Sharks top Predators in seven-round shootout for third straight win
- Timo Meier scored in the seventh round of the shootout for the San Jose Sharks in a 2-1 win against the Nashville Predators at SAP Center on Saturday.
- Meier glided through the right face-off circle and lifted a shot over goalie Juuse Saros’ blocker for the only goal of the shootout.
“I was just reading off the goalie, and I saw that far side was open,” Meier said. “I just wanted to get it up.”
- Martin Jones made the save against all seven Predators in the tiebreaker after making 24 through overtime for the Sharks, who matched their season high with their third straight win (Oct. 10-16).
“He was excellent all night,” San Jose captain Logan Couture said.
- Saros made 31 saves through overtime for Nashville (9-6-2), which has earned at least one point in seven of its past nine games (5-2-2).
“You just had to fight for everything out there,” Predators coach Peter Laviolette said. “It was a tight game.”
- The Sharks’ third win in the fifth of a six-game homestand provided a confidence boost after they put themselves in an early-season hole.
“We all knew we weren’t playing up to our standards, and kind of forgot how the game is played a little bit for a while,” defenseman Erik Karlsson said. “It feels like we’re finally starting to look like the team we’re supposed to be. Still a long way to get there where we want to get, but this is a good start.”
NHL Highlights | Predators vs. Sharks – Nov. 9, 2019
- Forsberg has three goals and two assists during a four-game point streak. …
- The Predators are 1-2-2 in their past five games after a four-game winning streak. …
- Nashville defenseman Dante Fabbro returned late in the third period wearing a cage after Kane’s shot hit him in the face late in the second. …
- Jones played his 300th NHL game. … Hertl has three goals and three assists in the past three games. …
- Meier has two goals and three assists during a three-game point streak.
Sources & Credits: Ross McKeon / NHL.com, SJ Sharks, NSH Predators
— FOX Sports Tennessee (@PredsOnFSTN) November 10, 2019