Scheifele goal gives Jets OT victory against Stars
- Mark Scheifele scored 21 seconds into overtime to give the Winnipeg Jets a 3-2 victory against the Dallas Stars at Bell MTS Place on Sunday.
- Scheifele kept the puck on a 2-on-1 and shot short side by Anton Khudobin for the win.
- Patrik Laine and Andrew Copp scored, and Connor Hellebuyck made 26 saves for the Jets (10-7-1), who are 4-0-1 in their past five games and 5-1-1 in their past seven.
- Mattias Janmark and Radek Faksa scored, and Khudobin made 26 saves for the Stars (8-8-2), who had won four in a row.
- Laine one-timed a pass from Neal Poink over Khudobin’s shoulder with 27 seconds remaining in the first period to put Winnipeg up 1-0. The goal is Laine’s first on the power play this season.
- Jason Dickinson forced a turnover behind the Jets net and set up Janmark to tie it 1-1 at 5:22 of the second period. The goal came after Winnipeg defenseman Josh Morrissey hit the post 46 seconds into the period.
- Faksa deflected Esa Lindell’s point shot by Hellebuyck to put Dallas up 2-1 at 10:27.
- Copp tied the game 2-2 when he scored on a rebound 1:52 into the third period.
NHL Highlights | Stars vs. Jets – Nov. 10, 2019
Sources & Credits:Aaron Vickers / NHL.com, WIN Jets, DAL Stars
Please follow and like us: