Perron, Blues top Flames in OT for seventh straight win
- David Perron scored 2:46 into overtime, and the St. Louis Blues extended their winning streak to seven games with a 3-2 victory against the Calgary Flames at Scotiabank Saddledome on Saturday.
- Perron one-timed a pass from Ryan O’Reilly on the power play for the win, St. Louis’ fifth in overtime during the streak.
- He is the first player in NHL history to score three overtime goals prior to his team’s 20th game of the season.
“I just feel like we turned the page after every night,” Perron said. “We keep going back at it the next day and try to work some more, try to get better and keep cleaning up stuff from our game or individually. I’ve been impressed with the group the way we’ve reacted every single night and even back-to-backs. We’ve won them all, so it’s been awesome.”
- O’Reilly and Ivan Barbashev scored, and Jordan Binnington made 27 saves for the Blues (12-3-3), who have outscored opponents 25-16 during the streak.
“We’re just finding a way to get it done,” said O’Reilly, who has 11 points (four goals, seven assists) in the past seven games. “We’re confident going into these situations. We’re not flustered even though we wanted to hold them off the right way. We’re confident. [Binnington] back there was playing unbelievable, poised. We’re just confident. When you do that you just seem to get the bounces.”
- Matthew Tkachuk and Travis Hamonic scored, and David Rittich made 25 saves for the Flames (10-7-3), who lost for the first time in three games.
- Elias Lindholm had his point streak end at nine games.
“We played well, just a couple mistakes,” Rittich said. “It’s going to happen. But some of those plays we have to figure out because it’s cost us a couple games in the past and we’re still doing that. We have to be smart.”
NHL Highlights | Blues vs. Flames – Nov. 9, 2019
- The Blues swept a road trip of four or more games for the second time in their history. …
- St. Louis has won nine of its past 10 games. …
- Perron has 10 points (three goals, seven assists) in the past seven games and leads the NHL with five game-winning goals. …
- Pietrangelo has 10 points (two goals, eight assists) in the past seven games. …
- Forward Jacob de la Rose had two hits in 10:18 in his Blues debut. …
- Tkachuk has nine points (six goals, three assists) in his past six games.
Sources & Credits: Aaron Vickers / NHL.com, STL Blues, CAL Flames