Oilers’ Leon Draisaitl: Scores for 30th point
- Draisaitl netted a goal on three shots in Friday’s 4-0 win over the Devils.
- After a slow first period, Draisaitl got things going with his 14th tally of the year just 1:55 into the middle frame.
- The goal gives the German 30 points in 18 appearances, while extending his streak to eight games. Draisaitl has eight goals and six helpers during his current streak.
- He became the first Edmonton Oilers player to reach the 30-point mark in 18 or fewer games since Wayne Gretzky in 1987-88 (13 GP).
- Gretzky entered his 13th contest with 28 points that season and collected 3-2—5 against the Rangers to eclipse 30.
- His 14th goal of 2019-20 is the most by an Oilers player at this stage in a season since Alexander Selivanov 20 years ago.
- Draisaitl became the fifth different player in franchise history to score as many goals through the team’s first 18 games in a season and first in 20 years.
Sources & Credits: NHL STATS, CBS SPORTS
Please follow and like us: